On March 13th 2019, the winners of the Premios De La Musica Independiente were announced at the Circo Price Theatre in Madrid, Spain. The Orchard was a proud sponsor of the awards, which was attended by renowned independent Spanish artists, creators, music companies, and labels. There was much to be celebrated as The Orchard teams from Barcelona and Madrid walked the red carpet.
Artists and labels distributed by The Orchard triumphed at the event by winning 13 of the 21 categories, voted by both the public and a professional jury. Two bands were awarded several times at the event with Carolina Durante as a recipient of Best Song and Best Emerging Artist, and the big winner of the night Morgan who walked away with five of the six awards of which they were nominated including Best Rock Album, Evenbrite Award: Best Live Performance, Best Production, AIE Award: Best Artist and The Orchard Award: Best Album of the Year.
The fruitful celebration continued with the following wins:
- Best Euskara Language Album — Ruper Ordorika for Bakarka (Elkar)
- Best Design — Hazte Lapón (El Genio Equivocado)
- Best Galician Language Album — Tanxugueiras (Tanxugueiras)
- Best Flamenco Album — Cañizares for El Mito de la Caverna (JMC Music Productions S.L.)
- Best Jazz Album — Javier Colina & Chano Domínguez for Chano & Colina (Nuba Records S. L. )
- Best Catalan Language Album — El Petit de Cal Eril for △ (El Disc Triangular) (Bankrobber)
Dorian, Los Hermanos Cubero, John Grvy, Zahara and our own Carolina Durante and Pedrina from Colombia performed brilliantly on stage.
After the event, a party began and lasted well into the night at the Zennit Hall. Guests celebrated with dancing and a photo booth provided by The Orchard. The photo opp utilized our famous orange stress balls for a fun pop of orange.
We are very happy to be part of this celebration as these awards position The Orchard as a leading music distribution company in the market, working with independent artists and labels across Spain.
Watch an overview of the event on National Spanish Television here.