SXSW 2024 PanelPicker® is officially open until August 20. PanelPicker® is the official SXSW user-generated session proposal platform. This two-step online process allows the SXSW community to have a voice in what sessions are programmed at SXSW.
The Next Iteration of Biz Dev Is Impact Driven
Multicultural marketing has long been a specialty that brands have tapped into to create poignant impact campaigns and connect with audiences. As an ever-growing field within the music industry, there is a lot to be discovered about the way to unlock its full potential and much to be implemented to innovate the landscape as it exists now. This panel will discuss how music companies can embed impact-driven work into their business strategies, curate meaningful multicultural campaigns and work together uniformly across the creative disciplines.
- How can the music industry learn from the boom multicultural marketing has had in advertising?
- How can you impact-driven work into your business in a way that will drive business goals?
- How can DEI and multicultural marketing work in harmony to further a company’s purpose?
Web 2.5: Merging Web2 + Web3 Marketing
The way we consume media is evolving. It’s harder and harder to grab the attention of your audience which is where Web3 comes in. Exclusive and elevated virtual experiences can take fandom to a whole other level but what’s the goal? Web3 formats shouldn’t be used only for the sake of using Web3. Speakers will discuss how Web3 can be used to enhance your Web2 marketing strategies and how, when used in tandem, can be optimally effective.
- How can Web3 be used organically?
- How can you take your regular marketing plans and elevate them with Web3?
- How can you use Web3 to engage with fans and build community? What are some examples of artists doing a great job with this?
Evolving With Your Fanbase
Community, relationships, and story, all play a major role in developing an artist and an engaging fanbase. Marketers must develop a strategy that builds a community with music as a central pillar, but not the only pillar. In this conversation, speakers will address how to develop your artistic narrative as well as what happens if an artist’s socials aren’t resonating. Building an audience is hard, but maintaining and continuing to grow, is another animal.
- What if your growth plateaus? How do you find new fans?
- What if I’m doing everything right, but the strategy that helped me build fans is now causing me to lose fans?
- When do you begin to invest in new audiences? How do you do that?