Daniel’s Music Foundation has formed a new label, Just Call Me By My Name. They will release compilation albums on key disability awareness dates that will be distributed by The Orchard. Their first EP titled JUST CALL ME BY MY NAME: VOLUME 1 will feature five artists and bring awareness to Disability Pride Month, which recognizes the ADA Act of 1990.
To celebrate the launch of their label, five of their artists performed on July 7th at Bethel Woods Center for The Arts, the original site of the Woodstock Music and Art Fair of 1969. Some of the featured artists included:
- James Ian (Glendale, CA) – Singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and actor/model
- Devin Gutierrez (Austin, TX) – Piano-man, singer/songwriter, vocal coach, and mixer/arranger
- Iolanta Mamatkazina (New York, NY) – Twelve-year-old opera singer
- Jake Nielsen (Santa Cruz, CA) – Rocker, blues-guitarist, and international recording artist
- Daniel Trush & Gerard Powers (New York, NY) – Singer/songwriter & Co-founder of Daniel’s Music Foundation, with songwriting partner Gerard Powers
The musicians on the label are sourced through the Danny Awards, an annual award show each November that recognizes musicians with disabilities produced by Daniel’s Music (Submissions for this year’s Danny Awards are being accepted through July 31).
The label aims to celebrate this incredible group of musicians and emphasize the transformative power of music. The Orchard is excited to work with Daniel’s Music Foundation and looks forward to their release on July 21st.