The proposals are in and now is the time to submit your votes for the programming YOU want to see at SXSW 2022! To vote, sign in to your PanelPicker account, or create one for free here, use the search bar on the left side of the page to discover panel proposals and vote for your favorite topics. PanelPicker closes Thursday, August 26, so spread the word and pick your panels now or forever hold your peace.
The Orchard has two intriguing panels up for consideration for next year’s programming. Check them out below.
It goes without saying that the global, Covid-19 pandemic–appropriately nicknamed “The Great Accelerator”–put the spotlight on the pre-existing, social challenges that would no longer be deemed “inappropriate talk at work.” The music biz, which is no stranger to constant change, finds itself once again facing profound organizational shifts due to societal and technological influences. On this panel, Naledi Nyahuma Seck, The Orchard’s VP of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will moderate a discussion on how companies are lowering the barriers to entry and successfully merging culture and commerce.
- Naledi Nyahuma Seck, VP, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, The Orchard
- Travis Robinson, Global Head of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging, Spotify
- Noelle Chesnut Whitmore, CEO/FOUNDER, P+P Agency, More In Music
- Brandon Pankey, Executive Vice President, Live Nation Urban & Founder of APEX (Artist Presented Experiences)
Join us for a conversation about the intersection of pop culture, music, marketing & entertainment specifically for the Latinx audience in the US. The discussion will touch on changing consumption patterns and use of technology throughout the pandemic and following, as well as the role Latinx culture has played in the entertainment industry and culture as a whole. Speakers will discuss how these changes have resulted in growing marketing and advertising opportunities.
- Eric Tjahyadi, VP, Ad Sales, The Orchard
- Pita Rodriguez, Sr. Multicultural Manager, Consumer Media (Mobility), AT&T
- Jessenia Garcia, VP of Media, Universal Pictures
- Eduardo Padron, Sr. Sales Director, Tubular Labs
Don’t forget to cast your votes ahead of next week and let us know if you have a panel in the running we should consider.